Clean and care tips for your glasses
We want to help you get the best clarity and the longest life out of your lenses and frame. For that, we recommend following these simple steps for cleaning and taking care of your new glasses:
- Always carry your glasses in their case to avoid breaking or scratching them.
- Try to use both hands to put your glasses on and to take them off. This will help maintain their original shape.
- Never place your glasses lens down on a surface as you may scratch the lens by doing this.
- If the temples (arms) feel a bit loose on your face or around your ears, please bring them into us at Eye5 and we will tighten them for you, free of charge.
- A lot of spectacles are held together by tiny screws. Whilst we try to lock these in as tight as possible, the screws can sometimes loosen (please note, this is not a fault of the frame). If you notice any of the screws are loose, come into Eye5 for a free tighten, clean and adjustment.
- Clean your glasses with the provided cloth and cleaning spray. To avoid scratching your lenses, try not to clean them when they are dry).
- If your feel your glasses need a stronger clean, run the lenses under warm (not hot) running water. Then dip them in soapy water and rub them gently with your fingers. A gentle dish-washing liquid makes a good cleanser. After that, rinse them to wash away dirt and oil, then dry your lenses with your cleaning cloth. Please do not put your glasses in your dishwasher.
- Do not use household cleaners, disinfectants, acetone or soaps with cream to clean your glasses.
- Do not expose your glasses to products such as hairspray and perfume, as these products can damage the lens coating.
- Do not expose your lenses to hot temperatures as it can damage the lens coating (for example, do not leave your glasses on your car dashboard).
We hope these clean and care tips will help you keep your glasses in tip-top condition! However, if you have any further queries, please come and see us. We will be more than happy to help you!