Contact Lenses: The Do’s and Dont’s
Are you new to wearing contact lenses, thinking of wearing them, or already wear them but are having a few issues? Not to worry, we have put together some tips on what to do and what not to do in order to enjoy wearing your contact lenses.
- Make sure your hands are always clean before you handle your contact lenses (when you want to put them in and when you want to remove them). Wash your hands with mild soap and water, then dry them.
- Clean the lenses properly, as directed by your optometrist.
- Keep your fingernails short so you don’t injure your eyes.
- Learn to apply the contact lenses the correct way so you don’t wear them inside out. You eyes will feel uncomfortable when you wear them inside out.
- Learn to handle the same lens first so you don’t mistake one for the other.
- Always clean and disinfect your lens storage cases.
- Always put your contact lenses on before applying your eye makeup as it will be difficult to get makeup out of your eyes with contact lenses on.
- If possible, use eye-friendly makeup.
- Throw away old lens care solutions.
- Do not swim with your contact lenses in (unless you are wearing secure goggles).
- Do not wet or clean your contact lenses with saliva or water.
- Do not allow soaps and creams or other chemicals to come in contact with your contact lenses.
- Do not wear your lenses for longer than the prescribed time.
- Do not share your contact lenses with anyone.
- Do not mix different types of lens care solutions.
- Do not share your eye makeup with others.
- Lastly, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or queries regarding your contact lenses.
Please note, these are just general tips for wearing contact lenses. Your optometrist’s advice is always best for you.
Comments are closed.